Gmail keeps on trying their level best so that they could maintain the privacy of their esteemed users at utmost level. However, if you are very close to a user who is passed away and want to have their account’s access then the very first thing please keep in mind that the chances of fulfilling your desires is almost negligible by Gmail but not impossible. The process is quite lengthy and may take much time. This is also not guaranteed that after submitting all the documents by you they will give you access. They will first take a deep look on that and respond accordingly. The level of authenticity they demand is 100%.
Still if you have urgent requirement then carefully review their two stage process mentioned below:
You need to share following information with them:
• Full name.
• Email address.
• Physical mailing address.
• Photo copy of your driver license or government-issued ID.
• Gmail address of deceased user.
• Death certificate of deceased user. In case your document is not in English then please provide them certified English translation of that document.
• If you have received any mail from deceased person’s email address at your email address then you need to share the full header from the email message and all the information
from 'Delivered-To:' to 'Content-Type:’ with Gmail. Besides this you also need to provide them the entire content of the message.
After collecting or organizing all the above mentioned please mail or fax to below mentioned address:
Gmail User Support - Decedents’ Accounts
c/o Google Custodian of Records
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
After receiving the entire documents from your side they will carefully review the same. Their research process may take months of time so keep patience. After analyzing your documents if Gmail will find any error then they will definitely reject your request and will deactivate the deceased’s person email address. But be sure during the research process no matter how much time it will take; Gmail will not deactivate the deceased person’s mail. You will get notified through mail time to time regarding the latest update on your request.