Gmail has also provided the facility of disabling Gmail Google Voice phone calls in Gmail if you don’t
want to use Gmail as forwarding phone. Follow the given steps:
1. Login to Google Voice.
2. Go to Settings within gear icon.
3. Under Phones tab you can uncheck box beside Google Chat.
If in case in future you again wish to receive Forwarding phone calls via Gmail, you can re-check these setting. Gmail outbound calling can also be disabled. It is very easy to disable Call phone option in chat list of Gmail. Use the given procedure:
Steps to disable ‘call phone’ feature:
1. Simply click gear icon at Gmail’s upper right corner and then you can click on Mail settings.
2. Under mail setting click on Chat tab.
3. Now click Disable outbound voice calling under the section of Call Phone.
4. Now you can save the settings by clicking on Save Changes.
Following given setting will disable only Gmail’s outbound calling. Those who have allowed forwarding calls in Google voice Chat, they will have to disable those settings independently.